
im sick! its called "Fresher's Flu" here, basically everyone gets it after the first week from not sleeping enough, but im glad i got it earlier, before classes start up. the picture by the way is from the top of the highest point in Edinburgh called Arthur's Seat. its this incredibly steep mountain ish thing that sits right behind my dorm complex, which me and a friend decided to climb at 6 30 yesterday morning (probably why I got sick later that day...) and it was absolutely breathtaking. I still don't have a roommate, classes start on Monday and she's missed all of the orientation and welcome events so I don't know what her deal is... other than being sick its been a lot of fun here so far. I spend most of my time with Lydia and her hallmate Sophia who is American but has lived in Russia and London all of her life, shes very nice and took care of me last night when I wasn't feeling well. I've also been hanging with a boy I met while waiting at my Director of Studies office named Charlie, hes from texas, we climbed the mountain together. I've been trying to meet people in my dorm more now, the girl and two boys that live right around my room are quite nice, i've yet to go out with them at night but i hope too soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment